A stong password is long and complex and you can remember it!
- An ideal password is long and has letters, punctuation, symbols, and numbers.
- Use ten characters or more
- Have different passwords for different sites
- Change your passwords often, especially on your email, banking, and credit card websites .
- Using numbers for letters and symbols like 2 for "to", and 4 for "for" are well known by password hacking software, so Tr1cky is no safer than Tricky
- Use upper and lower case, and special characters and numbers.
Create a strong password you can remember
|Create your own password||Example|
|Remember a sentence about you or something you like||
If you like classic movies:
Of all the gin joints in all the towns
|Take the first letter of each word, and make one a capital||oatGjiatt|
|Add a number||oatG1001jiatt|
|Add some special charaters||oatG1001!jiatt$|
|Now you remember||Of all the (Cap)Gin (one thousand and one!)joints in all the town$ (my s is a $)|
|Your password hint is||Casablanca|
It is okay to write your passwords down, just make sure you keep the written passwords in a secure place.
"Danger Will Robinson!" "Danger, danger danger"
Criminals can easily guess your password if
- it is made up of dictionary words - in any language
- Sequences or repeated characters. Examples: 12345678, 222222, abcdefg, or adjacent letters on your keyboard (qazwsx123).
- Information identifialbly about you - Your name (JonSmith), birthday (JonSmith1972), street name etc. (257hopetownstreet)